Miscellaneous thoughts/ideas. Much to do about something.
met SM (Superman) years ago and we were instant friends. Well I was more like his mother and he more like a son that put up with my nagging and offers of help. He is a young, gifted, good looking, multi-talented actor/writer / producer, singer Read more
Happy Saturday to all,
Today I’ve been thinking about food triggers. The top 7 would be:
- Location – Certain chair in your house; going to grocery store hungry; or a place like a movie theatre.
- Activity – Watching tv, studying, reading, or socializing.
- People – Friends you normally go out with to happy hour, dinner or partying.
- Occasions – Birthday parties, weddings, holidays, summer parties.
- Sensory – Candy display, smell food, taste a bite of a sample at a store or restaurant.
- Time – Time of day i.e. afternoon snack time.
- Mood – Anger, sadness, depression, insecurity.
So yesterday started out with a roach crawling down my arm; breaking my breast cancer bracelet from my first BC walk; leaving my phone in the bathroom at Chic-a-fila; and 9 1/2 easy- breezy car ride. Read more
Did you know there are over 200 emotions people could feel? My friend Molly was kind enough to give me a vocabulary list of feelings broken down in the following categories:
Y’all know I’m a TR nut. I quote him daily; send you quotes; listen to him daily; start my workouts with him talking to me; used him as a relaxation technique during physical therapy years ago; pull out his Personal Power program when I need a lift or a push/shove . . . actually am currently listening to/applying it now . . . and yes fall asleep to videos of his seminars. Yes I’m crazy I know. But life is too short not to be out-of-control living it to the fullest and with PASSION.
I just listened to the Darren Hardy Ctrl-Alt-Delete video. He has an interesting way of explaining old habits and behaviors as coming from:
- Childhood beliefs
- Everyone else’s beliefs
- Adults’ beliefs
- Friends’ beliefs
- Loved ones’ beliefs
Every couple years I listen to Tony Robbin’s Get The Edge series. I decided to do that yesterday.
The homework for Personal Power Day 1 was to choose two actions & take action on them. Read more