Today’s the 1st day of the Fitolution . . .
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays are strength days so stick to your strength routine. Make sure it’s at least 30 minutes of strength training.
DEADLIFT – Bar or Dumbbells
(Full Body Integrated)
Stand behind the barbell (or grab 2 dumbbells) with the feet about shoulder-width apart, the toes slightly rotated out, and the shins almost touching the bar. Sit back into the hips slightly while keeping a straight back so that the chest is lifted upward, and bend forward to grip the bar in an over-under grip with one palm facing up and the other facing down. Squeeze the bar in the hands and sink back onto the hips while pressing the feet into the floor. Keeping the back flat, push the hips forward to move to standing position. Finish standing in a tall position with the shoulders pulled back and the legs straight. Return to the starting position by shifting the weight back into the hips and keep the back straight while allowing the knees to bend. When this movement is done properly, the glutes and the back of the thighs should feel the work, NOT the back.
Eggs are a great source of protein, selenium, and vitamin A. The yolk contains an abundance of choline, which is a key nutrient for boosting brain function, as well as reducing fatty liver deposits. If you are cutting calories, remove the yolk otherwise eat it.
Want more . . . including recipes, click here. ===>
Do you keep a record of the steps you have taken to improve your health? Here’s an idea:
- Create a checklist (example below).
- Place it somewhere visible (like fridge door).
- Remind yourself of the steps to a healthier/happier you.
- Remind yourself of the changes already made.
- Increase your clean fluid intake.
- Remove any known intolerances or allergy foods.
- Eat your macronutrients in a way that makes you feel good.
- Replace liquid stimulants like tea, coffee, fizzy drinks with herbal and health teas.
- Sleep a good 7 hours per night.
- Relax and unwind i.e. reading, yoga, walking outdoors.
- Make sure training matches your goals.
- Consider the quality of your food i.e. fresh, organic, free range.
Have a question or want to see your favorite exercise featured? I’m only one click away. [email]