BREAKFAST OR DESSERT
PRE-WORKOUT ALMOND OATMEAL PROTEIN BARS . . . why?
- Quick & easy to make
- Prepare on Sunday evening for the week
- Banana bread texture
- Delicious with morning coffee
- Compliment with a piece of fruit
- Also great as a snack or dessert
- Can be refrigerated for freshness
1 cup almond butter
3 ounces vanilla protein powder
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 tsp chia seeds (optional)
1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-by-11-inch pan with cooking spray (I used coconut oil.)
- In a glass bowl, use an electric mixer to mix almond butter, protein powder, and maple syrup.
- Beat in the eggs, mixture will be sticky.
- With a non-stick spoon, stir in oats, coconut flakes, chia seeds and baking soda until combined evenly.
- Firmly press stiff dough into the pan using the back of a spoon or silicone spatula . . . with coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the top starts to look toasted and brown.
- Cool pan on a rack. Once cooled, cut carefully into 18 squares. Best if stored in an airtight container.
Calories 175, Fat 10g, Carbohydrates 15g, Protein 8g