Welcome to Exercise #5 of the Ab Challenge and to Habit #5.
“Stir the Pot” on a Stability Ball
Kneeling behind a stability ball, lean body forward at a 45-degree angle and rest elbows on the top of the ball. Keep stomach muscles tight and elbows pushing up from the ball directly under the shoulders. It’s important to maintain a straight line from head to knees. Move the ball around clockwise 10 times and then counter-clockwise 10 times. Repeat 4 more times.
Want a CHALLENGE?
Began again like above. Raise the knees off the ground. With the body in a straight line from head to feet, move the ball around clockwise 10 times and then counter-clockwise 10 times. Repeat 3-4 more times. Once again, it’s important to maintain a straight line from head to feet.
Eat at least 5 servings of colorful fruit/vegetables
This is another relatively “easy” habit.
- Encourage yourself to “eat the rainbow”.
- Discover which colorful fruits and vegetables you like and will eat.
- For now, it doesn’t really matter what specific foods you choose as long as you get into the habit of “eating the rainbow”.
- Ensure that you are able to buy, prepare, and have fruits and vegetables on hand and easily available.
- Discuss how to add fruits/vegetables to your regular menu.
- An approximate serving size is.
- Vegetables – 1 fist
- Fruits – 1 cupped handful
- Benefits of eating more colorful fruits and vegetables –
- improves nutritional quality
- helps you get more variety
- helps you feel more satisfied with your food because of the fiber and nutrient content
- helps you understand what makes fruits and vegetables “good”
- adds food instead of taking it away
Why not add green peas (legumes) to your menu?
One cup of green peas has about 117 calories, 7.9g of protein, 21.0g of carbohydrates, 7.4g of fiber, 8.2g of sugar, and 0.6g of fat.
Green peas are rich in vitamins C, A, K, and folate. They are also a good source of minerals such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium.
Green Pea and Veggie Muffins – recipe
Have questions? Need some guidance? As always, I’m only one click away.