Yesterday was rest day. Were you able to stick to it?
Here we go with the 3rd day of The Fitolution . . .
Muscle Groups: Quads, Calves, Glutes, Hamstrings
- Choose a pair of dumbbells and stand up straight with a slight bend in your knees.
- Hold the dumbbells down at your sides. You are now in the starting position.
- Step forward with your left leg while maintaining your balance and squat down through your hips.
- Keep your torso straight and head up. Don’t allow your knee to track out over your toes.
- Push yourself back to the starting position by using your heal to drive you.
- Repeat this movement with your right leg and then repeat for desired reps.
- Never allow your knees to track out over your toes during this movement. Doing so will place undue stress on the knee joints.
- This exercise requires a good deal of balance and is not recommended for those with balance issues.
- Keep your head up and back straight throughout the exercise. Never allow your back to round.
Surgary Drinks Are The Most Fattening Product
in the Modern Diet
Excess added sugar can be detrimental to health — and getting it in liquid form is even worse.
The problem with liquid sugar is that your brain doesn’t compensate for the calories by eating less of other foods.
In other words, your brain doesn’t register these calories, making you eat more calories overall.
Of all the junk foods, sugar-sweetened beverages are likely the most fattening.
Get a load of this funny story from Tom at the BTN Academy.
Sometimes we hear about nutritional protocols that just make NO sense:
- People believing that juicing will detox them, which is important because it’s toxins in their fat cells that are preventing them losing weight.
- People who get hooked in to Herbalife, JuicePlus+ or other weird cults schemes.
- And recently folks who are consuming beef, salt and water because apparently humans are carnivores now.
But this right here takes the biscuit.
A journal published in the Irish Medical Journal has the following title . . .
“Semenly” Harmless Back Pain: An Unusual Presentation of a Subcutaneous Abscess free full text
So here’s the deal:
There’s a dude living in Dublin. He lifts weights. He hurts his back at the gym. It hurts for a while and needs sorting out.
He tries to deal with it himself, but eventually goes to hospital to get it looked at.
The hospital notes that he’s got a sore back, but while he’s there they also spot an abscess in his arm that looks pretty nasty.
They ask him what the deal is. Abscesses are infections under the skin so that means there must be something in there that shouldn’t be.
And I shit you not, he responds by informing them that in order to cure his back pain he has been giving himself regular injections of his own semen, both subcutaneously, and intramuscularly.
Take a moment to think about that. Really get to grips with it. He has been…retrieving…his own semen, putting it into a syringe, and injecting it into his arm. And he has been doing this because his back hurts . . . Obviously.
Now the authors of this paper (once they stopped laughing) did a search in all medical journals – and even on the wider internet – for talk of semen injections for pain, and do you want to know what they found?
Other than a couple papers about rabbits and mice from the ’40’s – nothing.
Nothing at all. This didn’t even pop up on forums.
That means that this gentleman just decided that injecting his own semen into his arm would make his back feel better, all by himself. He was given some antibiotics and eventually went home. His back, if you’re wondering, apparently felt better.
So there you have it, the most insane thing you’ll probably read today.
If you’re ever wondering ‘how do people fall for this crap’ when you read about crazy diets, supplements or alternative treatments, just remember jizz guy and think:
“Well, it could be worse…”
Challenge Day #4 tomorrow. In the meantime, questions . . . I’m only one click away.