Fitolution Day #19. Can you believe it? Feels good don’t it? You can admit it. I won’t tell anyone. [fingers crossed behind back]
Saturdays are cardio days so stick to your cardio routine. Make sure it’s at least 30 minutes of walking, running, elliptical, biking, rowing, dancing, etc. Make sure to warm-up properly.
Medicine balls, a staple item in most gyms, are an easy-to-use, low-cost fitness tool that serves many purposes. From the development of power, coordination, mobility and core strength to rehabilitation benefits and “big bang for your buck” calorie burn, it’s no surprise that medicine balls are used in a wide range of workouts.
Front Lunge MB Pass Under
Targeted Body Parts: Glutes, Hip, Core
Hold the ball at your chest and stand with your feet together. Take a wide step forward with your left foot and lower into a lunge. As you lower, pass the medicine ball from your right hand to your left under your left thigh. Press through your left heel to quickly return to standing, grabbing onto the ball with both hands. Repeat on the other side. That’s one rep.
20 reps for 3 sets.
Roasted Squash & Couscous Salad
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 fresh green chili
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100 g couscous
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- ½ a lemon
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Peel and chop the squash into large chunks, finely chop the chili, then place into a roasting dish.
- Scatter over the cumin seeds and thyme sprigs. Toss together with 2 tablespoons of oil. Season with sea salt and roast for 45 to 50 minutes, or until cooked and lightly golden, turning halfway.
- Place the couscous in a bowl and pour over enough boiling water to sit 1cm above the couscous. Cover the bowl and leave for 10 minutes.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds in a dry frying pan.
- Uncover and fluff the couscous with a fork, stir in the lemon zest and juice, the roasted squash and 2 tablespoons of oil. Serve scattered with the pumpkin seeds.
Then be a Leader!
- Take action decisively and consistently.
- Help others with their climb.
- Be your best self not anyone else.
- Stay focused without wonder and worry.
- See big picture while forging forward one habit & action at a time.
- Focus on behaviors not outcomes.
- Live with integrity. If you talk the talk, walk the walk.
- Lead by learning. Dust yourself off and keep going forward.
Oops . . . mislead you. We have today and Days 20, 21. No doubt you can handle this. You are a Leader.
Until tomorrow, any questions or concerns just one click away. [email]
Certified Nutritionist, Fitness 54 (770) 487-5454
Certified Personal Trainer, 180 Training