Cacao’s most ample mineral is magnesium. A 1oz serving provides 16% of your daily value. Magnesium plays a role in maintaining heart health through blood pressure regulation and the regulation of the nervous system, which helps maintain normal heart rhythm.
Cacao also contains copper and iron. Copper helps with iron metabolism, while iron assists with red blood cell formation, helping the body maintain an adequate blood supply, which helps the heart pump a little easier. So, a small amount of cacao nibs added to a balanced diet treats both the taste buds and the heart.
Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 dates
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- Soak the dates in warm water for 15 minutes.
- Add coconut oil, dates, syrup, vanilla, half of the almond milk, avocados, and cocoa powder into a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth. Add additional almond milk until the pudding is the consistency you want.
- Spoon into bowls, cover, and chill.
- Serve with your favorite fruits and nuts as toppings.
Cacao Nib Energy Bites
- 2 scoops Bare Isolate Whey Protein Powder
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup ground flax
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Cacao nibs as desired
- Mix all ingredients together and form 1” diameter balls (refrigerate or freeze)