Most are out shopping, partying, stressing out or laughing to the point of almost peeing pants. So I just wanted to send a short reminder to . . .
Enjoy your Holidays knowing there are stress-free strategies at your disposal:
- Workout first thing in the morning.
- Bodyweight is all you need. Equipment is not required.
- Plan in-between meals and snacks.
- Enjoy your food taste, aroma, appearance.
- Stay focused and away from mindless eating.
- Plan workouts, which may be less time and days per week.
- Do little things every day to stay active:
- Walk the stairs instead of taking the elevator.
- Don’t drive around looking for the closest parking space. Park further and walk.
- Short 10-15 min walks.
- Short 10-15 min workouts.
- Eat beforehand and bring healthy, delicious snacks with you while on the go.
- Enjoy your chocolate or favorite cookie but do it with a strategy:
- Give the box away.
- Share them with others.
- Don’t stress. That strongly affects your hunger system.
- Get plenty of protein, along with healthy fats and fiber from colorful veggies.
- Relax. Recover and de-stress. Get at least 7 hours of sleep.
- Listen to your body cues… not your brain cues — which are easily fooled.
- Focus on your “plan of action” using your own strategies.
A little over 2 days until Christmas morn’ and about 9 days until New Year’s. Take a minute to breathe, take it all in, and enjoy the people and things around you.
Until next time I’m only one click away,