If you don’t know me, you would never know I’ve been insecure and shy for most of my life but let’s not dwell on that. Times they have changed and now I’m becoming more comfortable in my skin as I rediscover myself on this health & fitness journey.
I’m in a mastermind group called iPRIME UPW the Grand Master Joe Man (lol) challenged us to do a video every day.
Watch my vide0==>> from day #5.
I have to admit I’m having fun doing the videos and I know you will find it entertaining at least.
My subject was time management, which is one of the things many people struggle with. I got the subject from my Precision Nutrition lesson of the day re: Time Management.
Questions to ask:
- How am I spending my time on all tasks?
- What are my top priorities in life that bring me pleasure or joy?
- How much time am I really spending on my top priorities?
- What are my “time-suckers” . . .
no benefit; my mind is somewhere else; LESS productive.
How do I start making small steps towards focusing on important tasks?
- Review my priority list every morning.
- Cut down one “time sucker”.
- Set phone timer. Some say 55 mins. Others say 90 mins. Find what’s best for you. If you are in the zone, s-t-r-e-t-c-h it o-u-t but make sure to take “mental” breaks of at least 10-15 mins.
- Set phone timer. If you have children, did you limit their video game time when they were younger? How about limit Facebook or Internet surfing?
- Ask for help? Delegate? This is a tough one . . . LOL . . . to whom? Me, Myself and I? Perhaps Willow, my alter ego. Then nothing would get done but FUN, FUN, FUN.
- Uni-task instead of multi-task. I’ve heard this one a lot lately . . . Focusing on 1 thing at a time is more productive and retention is higher than with multi-tasking.
- Undivided attention 5–10 minutes without checking email . . .
I double dog dare you on that one.
Enjoy the video and let me know if you also struggle with time management or your tricks for mastering it.
Stay peachy my friends!