http://www.fit50andfab.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/50Logo4.png 0 0 Jessie Beard http://www.fit50andfab.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/50Logo4.png Jessie Beard2016-04-02 20:21:192018-10-20 11:53:187 Food Triggers & Tricks to Battle
Happy Saturday to all,
Today I’ve been thinking about food triggers. The top 7 would be:
- Location – Certain chair in your house; going to grocery store hungry; or a place like a movie theatre.
- Activity – Watching tv, studying, reading, or socializing.
- People – Friends you normally go out with to happy hour, dinner or partying.
- Occasions – Birthday parties, weddings, holidays, summer parties.
- Sensory – Candy display, smell food, taste a bite of a sample at a store or restaurant.
- Time – Time of day i.e. afternoon snack time.
- Mood – Anger, sadness, depression, insecurity.
and Top 7 ways to battle triggers:
- Location – Choose location to eat at home only at dinner table; bring healthy snack to movie theatre.
- Activity – Don’t eat while watching TV, driving, or working, don’t go to the grocery store hungry.
- People cues or Occasions – Eat before going out and then less likely to overeat.
- Sensory – Keep food in kitchen stored away. Keep children’s snacks separate or buy what you don’t like. 🙂
- Time – Research and plan meals & snacks ahead of time. Plenty of healthy, filling snacks.
- Mood – Think for 90 seconds why and attack that problem. Whether it’s anger, frustration, boredom. Food won’t cure it. Only make the mood turn to guilt most likely.
- Don’t accept food you didn’t ask for. You won’t hurt the person’s feelings and you never know exactly what ingredients are in the food . . . whether it’s healthy or not . . . could have hidden sugar or fat.
Stay peachy my friends!