Did you know there are over 200 emotions people could feel? My friend Molly was kind enough to give me a vocabulary list of feelings broken down in the following categories:
I find it sad that this list only contained 45 “happy” emotions. The rest would fall under the negative emotions i.e. “sad, angry, scared, confused” categories above.
On any given day, people can feel a variety of emotions in each of those categories. I was listening to TR CD Get the Edge – Day 6 the other day where he talks about the fact that you can turn any emotion around.
10 Types of Negative Emotions
- Uncomfortable – boredom, uneasy, embarrassed
- Fear – concern, apprehension, worry, anxiety, scared
- Hurt – sense of loss
- Anger – mildly irritated, furious, resentful, infuriated, rage
- Frustration – held back, hindered
- Disappointed – sad, defeated
- Guilt – regret
- Inadequacy – less than, unworthy
- Overloaded – overwhelmed, hopeless, depressed
- Lonely – alone, apart from, separate from
Where negative emotions are concerned it is a call to action and tells a person such as myself to stay on track. Every feeling is based on my interpretation or perception and I will practice associating a different meaning thereby changing negative to positive. TR’s approach is as follows:
6 Ways to Mastering Emotions
- Identify signal – which category does it fit in
- Acknowledge & appreciate message – reevaluate it, hear message, seize & change it
- Get Curious – like a child . . . ask questions
- What I really want to feel? How do I get there?
- Why do I feel this way? Is this breaking one of my rules?
- What am I willing to do to spin this to positive?
- What can I learn from this?
- Get Confident – How have I handled this feeling before? Use that to create feeling of confidence.
- Get certain – Change state by knowing there are different ways of handling. Expressing emotions will empower.
- Take action – Get excited. Go express new emotion, new perception and new procedure (way of proceeding with this information).
Plant Seeds of Greatness
Plant these seeds every day.
- Love & Warmth
- Appreciative & Grateful
- Curiosity (like a child)
- Get excited and passionate
- Confidence and/or Faith
- Be Cheerful
- Feeling healthy
- Sense of Contribution
Nothing in life has meaning except the meaning you give it. Choose your meanings.
- My meaning for today is Don’t let anything define me.
- What is your meaning for today? Please comment, respond, retweet, follow, email me. . .
Stay peachy my friends!